About Lufkin Printing Company
Lufkin Printing Company was established in 1939 by Mr. and Mrs. Nixon Ricks. It was purchased in 1955 by Claude Smithhart after he returned home from active duty in the Army during the Korean Conflict.
Starting out in a rented 1200 square foot building, Lufkin Printing has expanded into a 25,000 square foot office and production facility. The primary reason for the company’s success is our commitment to keeping up with the ever-changing technology of the printing industry. We have done this by maintaining a highly qualified staff who strive daily to produce quality printing for our customers.
Lufkin Printing was the first to bring lithography to East Texas; first to have computerized typesetting, a great leap for our graphic design department. We were first to offer wide format printing and digital, on-demand printing. We offer letterpress, lithography, foil and blind embossing, and digital printing. We also have a complete bindery with a mailing service. Our mailing service is capable of producing variable data which can send out all types of mailable materials.